Re: [cdt-dev] Cannot add Global variables in DSF debug session

Marc Khouzam wrote:
That is what I meant, DFS should supports it too and re-use
same UI code except global vars provider for this dialog.

Maybe with re-using, the effort wouldn't be that bad...
I don't have time right now, but I'd review a patch :-)

The biggest challenge with this feature in DSF is that it's difficult to find a place to persist the list of globals.  In DSF, I've tried as much as possible not to use the launch configuration directly to store persistent information.  However, the memory implementation already depends on ILaunchConfiguration, so I suppose it's OK to do the same for variables UI.  After CDT 6.0, we should add a new service to abstract persisting data for a debug session (bug 228301).

Cheers,
Pawel

Back to the top