[cdt-dev] Some API tooling related changes on MBS plugins

There was a small glitch in my baseline before I checked in the API tooling changes a few days ago, so I've done a few minor updates to satisfy the tooling. There were no code changes. (Note to self: do not accidently point your baseline at the very code you are trying to analyze for API errors as it will never show any errors then. Doh.)

Summary of the changes:
- upversion managedbuilder.core to 6.0.0 to reflect the pre-existing changes that were made in the code this release
- upversion managedbuilder.ui to 5.1.0 to reflect the pre-existing changes that were made in the code this release
- added some @since tags

Now, since upversioning to 6.0.0 on the core plugin will essentially allow any API breakage, I would suggest that if you are doing work on these plugins you tell the tool to report breakages even if they are allowed by the version increase. This will report the new API (which are not to be considered actual errors) as well as the real, unintended errors, but at least that way you can be aware of the consequences of what you are adding.

I'm going to look into whether I can check in changes to the project specific API tooling settings in order to put exclusions on the approved API changes, so that way only new changes would show up as errors.

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Back to the top