Re: [cdt-dev] Creating tool options programatically

Superficially I would say no to that as we have a requirement to use the AST in tools that are not running inside Eclipse. I don't think EMF was designed to be run standalone. I am totally shooting from the hip with that statement though and could be wrong.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto
Inactive hide details for Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>

          Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          04/27/2009 04:24 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [cdt-dev] Creating tool options programatically

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM, James Blackburn
<jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That all looks very neat, and interesting! The real problem is that I
> don't believe we  have anyone with real knowledge of EMF who could
> help drive Managed Build in that direction.  There's the perennial
> problem of resourcing: people can justify spending time on tweaking
> code to fix bugs that affect them today, but it's hard to justify a
> paradigm shift.

Speaking of EMF, I think it would also be good to represent ASTs with
EMF models. I was wondering whether it was a good idea to introduce a
runtime dependency on EMF from CDT, but this might be a good time to
revisit that idea.

Alex