Re: [cdt-dev] git

Elena Laskavaia wrote:
What is wrong with bugzilla?

That depends on who you ask, but there are several features in other bugtrackers which Bugzilla lacks. I haven't used Bugzilla for a year or so, though, so I may be a little out-of-date. Just of the top of my head:

* Comments are linear
* Only a single type of comment; i.e. things like patches or message from build servers get bunched up with discussions. * Only one way of connecting bugs: blocking. There is no way to just have a "see this issue" link, for example.
* Visualizing inter-bug dependencies is very rudimentary.
* Very limited support for timetracking
* Plain integer issue numbers cannot be automatically associated with a project without a database query. In contrast to Jira, where the ticket has a project-prefix so you can easily see what project the issue belongs to.
* Difficult to customize
* No proper database API.

--
/Jesper