RE: [cdt-dev] Static Analysis Framework for CDT

Hi Elena,

If you are doing simple rules, CDT alone should be OK but if you need
complicated rules (e.g. data-flow analysis) then you might want to also
look at GCC plugin http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_Plugins, they did
progress and hopefully the architecture will be resolve for the GCC
summit (http://gccsummit.org/2009/), some CDT committers will also
attend the GCC summit (at least Francois and Marc).

Last year at the GCC summit some static analysis tools based on GCC
where presented e.g. https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Treehydra,
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Dehydra?rdfrom=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.mozil
la.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DDehydra_GCC%26redirect%3Dno.

If we can have good static analysis rules with GCC plugins it will make
sense to integrate those into CDT.

Dominique