Re: [cdt-dev] RunToLine behavior vs -exec-until

I think this is highly debatable. I certainly would not expect a debugger to skip breakpoints if I do a run-to-line.

John

At 01:41 PM 4/15/2009, Elena Laskavaia wrote:
I think semantics of it is to skip all other breakpoints...

Sergey Prigogin wrote:
Why can't run-to-line be implemented by planting a temporary hidden break point?
-sergey
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    Hi,
    CDI provides a RunToLine action.  This uses -exec-until.
    While testing things for DSF-GDB I realized that -exec-until
    did not behave as I expected.
    #1 -exec-until will stop as soon as the current stack frame exists.
    #2 -exec-until will *not* stop at the specified location if the location
    is not
       in the same stack frame as when the command was issued.
    This can be read in the documentation of the 'until' command, and I
    tested it too.
    It seems that exec-until is not meant to be used as run-to-line (or at
    least in the way
    run-to-line behaves in the JDT.)
    The cli command 'advance' seems a bit better as it does not have problem
    but it does have problem #1.
    Was this known?  Any comments or suggestion for DSF-GDB?
    I will probably use 'advance'.
    And maybe with repeating the advance command I can also address problem
    Thanks for any comments, especially if I'm confused about the issue.
    marc