[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] multi launch
- From: James Blackburn <jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:14:01 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=jO25HgJVO41PafzH3duPo3chyIpAmbg/fzX3Dh5Jqb0=; b=dW8eABrpxwK+AaYad/Kgx8NZGgTYwrqwiU/UuhICuurN8PqFbsw1VyKt6R/s7dBSlN x0X1w49XCqoArPZgx7yIBZCZBJhQWBfYMOfo5ucX+6mrUMEdaHUhxHu4yRGjsbQb68IT Zh+vgfNgd7mSPfnSK0dNgNqB3FA8lyLIKhC+8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=RPQ+mrwtF8Fr4kF2OstUMWAKumKF5kt6u62/+B/qWME0+gitH1ogbhTM0caoNlkebq DivaNSxFwaYJNyh1qiS6CRN1h11Z1LAXv2GVrnGZUaBYaxal34d/fYRvPjJI/QcpMbFw O8hAhuUDvXaadrhdV3If3N6/1OJMOny3ET/o0=
2009/3/31 Elena Laskavaia <elaskavaia@xxxxxxx>:
> I am not sure it is entirely related. You can look at my implementation - it
> is simple configuration which lists any number of other ones.
> It is not for post-pre-launch but it can be used this way. It is for
> launching client and server at the same time kind of.
Ah Ok. Took a quick look. I think Robert's intention was for something
more flexible. I'll send the code for review and see if I can get a
patch up as well.
> James Blackburn wrote:
>> Hi Elena,
>> 2009/3/31 Elena Laskavaia <elaskavaia@xxxxxxx>:
>>> I was going to commit another launch configuration, which is "Multi
>>> It has only one tab - user select "Add" to add another launch
>>> (can be anything, including external)
>>> and picks a mode of launch for it (run, debug, profiler, whatever or
>>> default). Default mean it would be launched in the mode in which
>>> multi-launch configuration
>>> is launched. Any objections/suggestions? Also I am not sure how to call
>> Have you already implemented this?
>> We've got an implementation of something very similar (which Robert
>> implemented) which he called "Launch Actions". It basically allows
>> running an arbitrary set of commands before and after a launch is run.
>> You can define sets of actions 'presets' via an extension point, and
>> you can have actions wait for specific output to match a regex before
>> I improved the integration so that it's no longer specific to our
>> launch. It contributes a tab to a specified launch types, and uses
>> the multiple launch modes functionality to proxy the existing launch.
>> So when the launchAction tab has been used, it will set, for example,
>> the 'launchAction' & 'debug' launch mode. The launchAction launch
>> will run and delegate to the 'debug' launch at the appropriate time.
>> Robert also wrote documentation for all of this :).
>> A while back I've moved this stuff into a separate plugin on our end
>> in the hope of submitting it upstream if it's desirable (and once we
>> had legal approval -- this is now much easier for me to resolve...).
>> It's likely not perfect, but a good start.
>> Would this be of interest to you Elena?
>> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev mailing list