Re: [cdt-dev] multi launch

see my comments below

Christian W. Damus wrote:
Hi, Elena,

I don't have objections, but questions  :-)

What happens when a launch config that is referenced by the multi-launch is deleted? Is the multi-launch config then broken, such that the user must repair it (by removing the reference to the missing launch, or perhaps replacing it with another) before it can be launched again? This would seem intuitive to me. Also, is there any kind of delete-participant or the like for launch configurations, by which you could pro-actively warn the user of the dependency from a multi-launch on a config that is being deleted?

They would be marked as "illegal" launch and will be skipped when launching. Alternatively I can give an error in dialog.

How about validation of the sharing of these configs? It might be a good idea to warn when a multi-launch that includes private launch configs is shared in the workspace.

I am not sure it is needed. I would keep it simple

Will a multi-launch track the processes that it creates so that they can be aggregated in a console, terminated as a group, etc?

They will be groupped in Debug view, they can be terminated as a group. They have their own console.

Regarding a name for the launch config type, I think "Multi-Launch" is appropriate. It doesn't imply semantics of pipeline or any other specific multi-process scenario, and names like "Launch Family" would connote a commonality of characteristics that also doesn't apply. Perhaps "Launch Group" would be a less jargon-ish alternative.

I am fine with that name.

Cheers,

Christian