Re: [cdt-dev] API Tooling errors using cdt-master-5.0.2.zip

2009/3/24 Schorn, Markus <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> When switching the baseline forth and back between 5.0.2 and 5.0 I started to
> see some API errors. They would not go away even after a full rebuild of the
> workspace. I then restarted workbench did a full rebuild and the errors were gone again. Maybe that helps in your environment as well?

I've got it working now.

The problem seems to be that my baseline was *just* the cdt_5.0.2
release as linked from here:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/ganymede/

It didn't include all the other Eclipse bits.  I didn't think I would
need the full platform as this workspace only contains a few CDT
plugins.

Using a full cdt release
(http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/ganymede/SR2/eclipse-cpp-ganymede-SR2-macosx-carbon.tar.gz)
fixed this problem.

However I found another issue.  When I create a baseline on the
expanded Eclipse/CDT release, it picks up all the Platform plugins,
but the cdt plugins aren't listed. This is repeatable. (And without
discovering cdt, it doesn't report API breakage...)

I can force it to discover the CDT plugins by:
 1) Press OK on "New API baseline" dialog
 2) Apply on the Preferences dialog
 3) Edit the baseline
 4) Press reset

I can't convince the api baseline tools to pick up cdt when creating
the baseline in the first place...

Both issues appear real and are reproducable for me, so I'll file bugs
against the tooling.

Cheers,

James