[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] API Tooling errors using cdt-master-5.0.2.zip
- From: James Blackburn <jamesblackburn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:24:43 +0000
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=cEMy+NVM2h0RLTFrq0ZAwRIIdbY3ZTcUZScOehgjnNk=; b=VHYKRGU0LRRAAojFnaeVXGpWFdGJNQ2h+25mT7qOvKDStxQ4Tr1hVelvKOLQwIyfOA 18rAZ87ms/eMs+5TSU7QnA6g81v7oR926EADkLbeE6M0Il9zAqNegWDvUJoh+4HDLD+b GxzDvziYucMtutPUJ4ckJnoqeGpJ/C0jXo5JI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=YBDajBrquEQz9trwjAQv1fIDRixANEVSe9G6SJXkgQorL1pmc/4fVD5txpRcJGufrn RLY7TZGldD8+in/exiGzYCM4mfiPUzH4jlzSmB4quyquaHX9qdyJaNud1zPSDayY+ABC tVMPZm7+aOPSHcdbb1ycSYHs2fuRdCT9TSy0k=
2009/3/24 Schorn, Markus <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> When switching the baseline forth and back between 5.0.2 and 5.0 I started to
> see some API errors. They would not go away even after a full rebuild of the
> workspace. I then restarted workbench did a full rebuild and the errors were gone again. Maybe that helps in your environment as well?
I've got it working now.
The problem seems to be that my baseline was *just* the cdt_5.0.2
release as linked from here:
It didn't include all the other Eclipse bits. I didn't think I would
need the full platform as this workspace only contains a few CDT
Using a full cdt release
fixed this problem.
However I found another issue. When I create a baseline on the
expanded Eclipse/CDT release, it picks up all the Platform plugins,
but the cdt plugins aren't listed. This is repeatable. (And without
discovering cdt, it doesn't report API breakage...)
I can force it to discover the CDT plugins by:
1) Press OK on "New API baseline" dialog
2) Apply on the Preferences dialog
3) Edit the baseline
4) Press reset
I can't convince the api baseline tools to pick up cdt when creating
the baseline in the first place...
Both issues appear real and are reproducable for me, so I'll file bugs
against the tooling.
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
>> Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:50 PM
>> To: CDT General developers list.
>> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] API Tooling errors using cdt-master-5.0.2.zip
>> Importance: Low
>> Thanks for replying Markus.
>> 2009/3/23 Schorn, Markus <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > I don't see these errors, what version of the API tooling
>> are you using?
>> > I have org.eclipse.pde.api.tools_1.0.100.v20090311.
>> Yes that's the version I've got.
>> I've never seen these errors before. However I've been trying
>> 3.5m6-cocoa on my Mac whereas before I've used Linux/Windows.
>> Perhaps there's some oddity with this platform (though I
>> can't imagine what).
>> I'll try to dig deeper and file a bug if there's a discrepancy.
>> > Markus.
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> >> [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Blackburn
>> >> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:12 PM
>> >> To: CDT General developers list.
>> >> Subject: [cdt-dev] API Tooling errors using cdt-master-5.0.2.zip
>> >> Importance: Low
>> >> Hi All,
>> >> I'm getting API tooling errors when building cdt.core with
>> the 5.0.2
>> >> release as a baseline in Eclipse 3.5m6. I've got 9 errors
>> which all
>> >> refer to IAdaptable#getAdapter():
>> >> Description Resource Path Location Type The
>> >> interface org.eclipse.core.runtime.IAdaptable adds method
>> >> getAdapter(Class) to
>> org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom.ast.cpp.ICPPDeferredTemplateInstance that is
>> >> not tagged as @noimplement ICPPDeferredTemplateInstance.java
> line 20
>> >> Compatibility Problem ...
>> >> The major version should be incremented in version
>> >> since API breakage occurred since version
>> >> 188.8.131.52902130801 MANIFEST.MF
>> >> org.eclipse.cdt.core/META-INF line
>> >> 5 Version Numbering Problem
>> >> Nothing appears to have changed recently in the areas
>> flagged as API
>> >> violating...
>> >> Is anyone else seeing this or am I using this wrong?
>> >> Cheers,
>> >> James
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> cdt-dev mailing list
>> >> cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> >> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > cdt-dev mailing list
>> > cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> > https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev
>> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev mailing list