From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elena Laskavaia
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:10 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Template Variables in CDT

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cd
t.doc.isv/guide/projectTemplateEngine/exampletemplate.html

Matt Grosvenor wrote:
   Hi All,
   I have been messing about for a few days with the
"org.eclipse.ui.editors.templates" extension point. I am
trying to
to create some custom template variables for use in the
CDT that I
think will be generally useful to everyone. I can do
this flawlessly
in the JDT but have yet to figure out how to make it
happen in the
CDT. Is there a way to make this happen or do I need to
edit the CDT
   source directly? Where would I go to find the CDT source? I have
   hunted around the ecplise.org website and found very little. The
   online CVS viewer seems to have no CDT sources.

This is what I have so far. If I repalce ???? with
"java" the plugin
works. But, I need the plugin to work in the CDT rather
than the JDT.
   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <?eclipse version="3.4"?>
   <plugin>
     <extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.editors.templates"> <resolver
                    class="xxxx"
                    contextTypeId="???"
                    description="xxxxx"
                    name="xxxx"