From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Blewitt
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 2:43 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] ILinkage?

I'm starting to play around with the internals of CDT, and I've come across the following whilst creating a subclass of AbstractCLikeLanguage and the ILinkage that's referred to from it:

AbstractCLikeLanguage:
 * <strong>EXPERIMENTAL</strong>. This class or interface has been added as
 * part of a work in progress. There is no guarantee that this API will work or
 * that it will remain the same. Please do not use this API without consulting
 * with the CDT team.
 * @since 5.0

ILinkage.java
/**
 * Represents a linkage in the AST or the index.
 * <p>
 * <strong>EXPERIMENTAL</strong>. This class or interface has been added as
 * part of a work in progress. There is no guarantee that this API will
 * work or that it will remain the same. Please do not use this API without
 * consulting with the CDT team.
 * </p>
 * @since 4.0
 */

This seems to be defined as the set {c,cpp,fortran} in the interface (and the implementing class is internal). How would I go about setting up a name for Objective-C, or can I simply return 'none' at this point? I'm somewhat playing in the dark to get a feel of how it fits together right now, but given that it had these in the comments I figured I'd do the honours. However, given that CDT is working on 5.1 (at least, that's the version it shows in Eclipse right now; 5.1.0.200902xxxx - will that be bumped to 6.0 later?) I was wondering how experimental these things are anyway ...

Alex

Back to the top