[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] No correlation between build and run configurations
- From: Mike Wrighton <mike.wrighton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:05:01 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=RgVGbzLB8b4jbQSjJjcNBKZyrFVtRFnxh6Keo+0bN80=; b=lKYrLotKgja8gYT0hENwiMnU8x6mdKi9j5xvSk5pozSyd1TkjFYQ1bGotK1NpgOLm8 xm5Txu9OMWiYFzbdFlmAtCgfY7BdA2RY7bxBeIQ5smaXg2/k0/7KYnjv9HW+TaTOLRYc FUo8evaEiT0mriAQh6B48Hvavh1rItyFuq64E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=ir9YzsmDvAQ5lMn+QXNHd/PpsNYlab8Sx6FvkGcgOXNFmSvtlQ8EhITCQIKVqT04Rp aCR0voRGAPTHin9uVLPMrjTujnr/wtIbxvHFeUz7cmXNARDSb2g+3YAxCKNLVlDfYN9a O7ruqII7b9Ijxi4LmQ9XUWntcGu4Lbp7eXUaI=
I've had some complaints about build/run configurations in CDT and
after some thought, raised the following bug into our internal bug
tracker. I thought the best way to ask this question was to copy the
text from my bug into this mail!
*** No correlation between build and run configurations ***
There is no link inside CDT between build and run configurations. This means
that if you attempt to launch a run configuration, the binary that will be
rebuilt (if needed) corresponds only to the active build configuration, which
may be different from that which generated the binary you wish to run.
For example, you may have 2 binaries, debug and release. A run configuration
may point to the debug binary, whilst the current active build configuration is
set to release. When that run configuration is launched and the source has
changed, the release binary, rather than the debug binary will be rebuilt.
Currently the launch configuration only stores the path to the binary to be run
(presumably since this could be an externally built binary). Some correlation
between the configuration which built the binary, and the run config is needed.