Re: [cdt-dev] Unable to use plug-in from plugins folder

Check to see that the export is including the important stuff.
While editing the manifest (META_INF/MANIFEST.MF or plugin.xml) on the 'Build' tab, make sure META-INF is checked, plugin.xml if you have one, and wherever your class files are, that should be checked too.
Plus any other resources that your plugin needs. (images? html files? etc?) That's what will go in the export file(s).
I did peek in the zip file you attached and I do see a manifest, plugin.xml, and some class files so those seem like the basics.
Look in the log file <workspace-location>/.metadata/.log and it will usually tell you any problems it's having loading plugins, if it got far enough to try to load your plugin.

The *contents* of that zip file are in your plugins folder, right? That's not a jar file (could be used as single file in plugins dir), it's a zip file.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Kamal ---02/15/2009 06:40:39 PM---Hi,Kamal ---02/15/2009 06:40:39 PM---Hi,

          Kamal <kambati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/15/2009 06:34 PM

          Please respond to
          Kamal <kambati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[cdt-dev] Unable to use plug-in from plugins folder

Hi,

I have created a plug-in extending CDT/CDI. I am fine when i run it as eclipse application and I can see the plug-in extensions in the new eclipse workbench. But, when i export that into "Deployable plug-ins and fragments" jar file and placing it under \plugins directory could not see those intended entension points. I am using eclipse export functionality to build the plug-in. Please let me know, where i am going wrong. I am unable to resolve this in the last 2 days. Please help me in resolving this issue. Thanks.

Regards,
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx