Re: [cdt-dev] Couple issues with DSF

2009/2/11 Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> You mean that the session aborts when auto-solib-add fails?
Yes.

> I could turn that off, but I'm guessing other things will fail also.
> The easiest way would be for you to modify DSG-GDB in your workspace
> and keep testing 6.3.  Then you can report what you found.
well, I'll try to test it when I have time

> So there is value (sometimes) in connecting to the target and
> immediately
> giving control to the user?  I guess there could be an option in the
> launch
> for that.  Does CDI support it?  do you know?
No, I don't know it.
I suppose that debugger pauses a remote process(es) when it connects
to remote target.
And I just need an option to not resume it upon connection...

> Can you write a bug?
Do you mean a bug for adding new feature?

> This may also be related to 6.3
> MI was not very complete in older GDBs
I would like to note that in case of ARM debugging I'm using
gdb-6.8.50.20080630 (crosscompiled ARM on windows/cygwin). You could
find why I'm using this version GDB ML
(http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2008-07/msg00013.html): This version
supports more robust implementation of 'info threads'

What is interesting here is how Hardware Debugger configuration
discover the stack frames. Are they using bt instead of
-stack-list-frames ?

Back to the top