Re: [cdt-dev] Problems with remote build of big projects

RDT questions should in general be posted to the PTP mailing lists.

The first exception, is as you say harmless. We're working on figuring it out with the RSE team though regardless.

I'm not sure about the second one. I've seen this happen when the CPU load on the remote server is high, or when the network is otherwise congested. Does the problem happen reliably, or is it intermittent?

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto
Inactive hide details for Boris.Shikhalev@xxxxxxxxxxBoris.Shikhalev@xxxxxxxxxx

          Boris.Shikhalev@xxxxxxxxxx
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/05/2009 11:58 AM

          Please respond to

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cdt-dev] Problems with remote build of big projects

Hello,

My configuration is

Client - Windows XP, Eclipse 3.4.1, CDT 5.0.2, PTP 2.1.1
Server - Linux, rdt-server 1.0
Projects are located on the server and were created in Eclipse as Remote
C/C++ Projects .

I have no problems to build remotely small projects. Well, almost no
problems, every time I start a build
I see a java exception within RDT Terminal window:

java.io.IOException: Stream closed
       at java.io.BufferedInputStream.getBufIfOpen(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
       at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.readLines(OutputHandler.java:165)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.handle(OutputHandler.java:88)
       at
org.eclipse.dstore.core.model.Handler.finish(Handler.java:102)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.handle(OutputHandler.java:106)
       at org.eclipse.dstore.core.model.Handler.run(Handler.java:135)

But it doesn't effect the build process. The build finishes gracefully
and I see errors if any within Problems and Console windows and can
navigate to their sources (through Problems window).

However if a project is relatively big then I have a different
situation. The build starts fine but after some time I got a different
exception

java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
       at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Native Method)
       at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.readLines(OutputHandler.java:165)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.handle(OutputHandler.java:88)
       at
org.eclipse.dstore.core.model.Handler.finish(Handler.java:102)
       at
org.eclipse.rse.internal.dstore.universal.miners.command.OutputHandl
er.handle(OutputHandler.java:106)
       at org.eclipse.dstore.core.model.Handler.run(Handler.java:135)

and soon after that it looks like the build process hangs without any
output to Console nor to Problems window. The build eventually finishes
successfully without any indication except of disappearing Build Project
window.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Boris.