Re: [cdt-dev] Error parsers, slowness and cygwin

I think that it is great that CDT supports cygwin and it would be sad to lose it. Having said that I agree that cygwin support should not be part of core. I believe it should be removed carefully piece-by-piece each time providing alternative for cygwin users.

Andrew

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Schaefer, Doug <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From my perspective, I'm in favor of completely removing cygwin support
from the CDT core. We should be treating cygwin as a toolchain with the
right plug-in architecture to support it. This issue has been brought up
numerous times and it would be great to clean this up.

As the quasi-owner of CDT for Windows, I'll take that action and try to
work it into my schedule. But I'd like to hear others opinions on that
before I get to far.

Cheers,
Doug.