[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Error parsers, slowness and cygwin
- From: Andrew Gvozdev <angvoz.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:38:33 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=vZDKV/jYHVhlqK6L276JEwpHiMJVq8ui8PQq+9LJuPQ=; b=D7jOoLPxgDz2vsrjkKzyklo3T9gcY4FFPIJ/ZDOFps8mnFAb3qQykZ3nzZJAqc9wzi nDYjsNH6wjynGKh0osKN8o8zO83v7/8A2ilf+KuaAXBn1Zu/pclOHonD3mVHk9W3tlOK V0tqT22HgaB7zNAu+erHX6ooUmx28V+UZCNVw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=VMk2+mR9mOgvaisrKXhm1PDs0YCuYIM6OjqCShbstEGIJRzAhQaayL38nnxX9b0cDE D5O4ZuPHM/zWr2RdEUqlUmmv/XrUBmHAA34ukBgEx1vox7oi9lPqaoWqCsdbiDDh+CY3 5CMSHe0E+si2AG0/d8jEe5K4U5IQnqbWLbIjU=
I refer to ErrorParserManager, findFilePath(String filePath).
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Elena Laskavaia <elaskavaia@xxxxxxx>
Is this error parser? Or it is part of the build?
Andrew Gvozdev wrote:
I was looking at the issue reported in eclipse.tools.cdt post <http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=17892&group=eclipse.tools.cdt#17892> and how cygwin paths are handling in the code. Cygwin utility "cygpath" is used to translate cygwin path to windows, class org.eclipse.cdt.utils.CygPath. While I have no doubt about its correctness, it appears that running separate external program for each line trying to map (not yet resolved) filename to cygwin path is a major reason for slowness of output parsing. A short test of parsing with and without the translation attempt shows slowness of x100 times. Is this the best way of doing it? We use eclipse to compile projects remotely and some of them are big enough to produce thousands of warnings where the files are not necessarily present on disk. Is it advisable to replace using of the utility cygpath with a function which would do something like a simple translation from "/cygwin/c/" to "C:/" or so? Perhaps there is already such a function out there somewhere?
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list