[cdt-dev] Error parsers, slowness and cygwin

I was looking at the issue reported in eclipse.tools.cdt post and how cygwin paths are handling in the code. Cygwin utility "cygpath" is used to translate cygwin path to windows, class org.eclipse.cdt.utils.CygPath. While I have no doubt about its correctness, it appears that running separate external program for each line trying to map (not yet resolved) filename to cygwin path is a major reason for slowness of output parsing. A short test of parsing with and without the translation attempt shows slowness of x100 times. Is this the best way of doing it? We use eclipse to compile projects remotely and some of them are big enough to produce thousands of warnings where the files are not necessarily present on disk. Is it advisable to replace using of the utility cygpath with a function which would do something like a simple translation from "/cygwin/c/" to "C:/" or so? Perhaps there is already such a function out there somewhere?

Andrew

Back to the top