Re: [cdt-dev] ***glibc detected*** error message (again)

On Tuesday 13 January 2009, Dung Manh Chu wrote:
> Dear all.

> got a very weird error, that is very annoying for me now. I am
> developing a C/C++ program in Eclipse Ganymede (64-bit version recently
> downloaded for Fedora 8). I can do the compilation smoothly. I could
> even run the program for several times. The error (please see belows)
> first occurred when I was doing debugging. And since then, I can not
> run the program anymore. Every time I run it now, it gives the error
> message. I did a search on the internet about the error related to
> ***glibc detected***, but none of the solutions works for me.
>
> CompilerOracle: exclude
> org/eclipse/core/internal/dtree/DataTreeNode.forwardDeltaWith ***
> glibc detected ***
> /home/mia_thumper/chu/WorkingCodes/Eclipse/Tracker/Debug/Tracker:
> free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000000692700 ***

This is the wrong group for discussing programming problems in C++ on Fedora.

That withstanding the error message indicates that the C library found an
inconsistency in it's maintenance data when it did a free (most likely coming
from a C++ delete if you program C++). The most common reason for that is
that your program has a bug and trashes the heap, corrupting it. Find your
bug and the error will go away.

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.