[cdt-dev] Choice of files to index up-front

By default CDT indexes stdarg.h, stddef.h, sys/types.h up-front. With C++ project with gcc 4.3 on Linux this causes parser to miss significant parts of time.h. The problem can be remedied by changing the files to index up-front to cstdarg, cstddef, ctime. Here are few questions related to this:

1. How was it decided to choose stdarg.h, stddef.h, sys/types.h?
2. Was there a specific test that failed without indexing these files up-front?
3. Is it possible to rerun this test with cstdarg, cstddef, ctime and compare results?

I haven't tested cstdarg, cstddef, ctime with plain C projects or with different compiler versions. If you are using C projects and/or different compiler version, could you please give cstdarg, cstddef, ctime a try to see if it works better or worse than stdarg.h, stddef.h, sys/types.h in your case and let me know the results. Thanks.

-sergey

Back to the top