Re: [cdt-dev] Configuration Disappears when I reopen project!!!!

Okay thanks this workaround is working for me. The bug report is pretty much the same problem as I am having - maybe with a few extra behaviors.  The report discusses a patch but as far as I could tell this hasn't been fixed in the main CDT distribution.  If it has then could someone please explain how I can update to get this version of cdt - currently my eclipse wont update.  It has a massive list of errors similar to this:
cannot find solution where both Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86/ [3.4.0.v3448f,3.4.0v3448f]] and Match[requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86/ [3.4.1.v3449c,3.4.1.v3449c]] can be satisfied.

I can give more if required - also I typed this off a print out so maybe typos in error msg.

I thought it was a version problem - like if I apply the update then it is reporting that the update wont work with the current version of other parts of Eclipse.  It seems however, that I just can't update anything - it always shows this error. So either it is always a version problem or it is some other bug.  I was thinking about a complete fresh install of Eclipse with CDT as a solution, but hoping a fix might show up before I have to do this.

Cheers again,

Dylan

Andrew Gvozdev wrote:
Hi Dylan,
How do you add configuration, in project properties? Sounds similar to bug 242955. As a workaround you can use "Build Configurations->Manage" in Project Explorer context menu, or just avoid Apply button and use OK instead.

Andrew