Re: [cdt-dev] regular expression parser

Hi Marko,

I think that many users would use generic error parser and not only for C/C++ but for other languages and other contexts as well. We would definitely do as we use a number of tools for static analysis, compilation, unit testing, preprocessing, building etc. Most of these tools unaware of CDT GNU C/C++ Error Parser or other parsers provided by CDT. Still it is very desirable to get error markers in the editor and people are writing shell scripts to reformat the messages.
On the other hand, there are tons of bugs in bugzilla with complains that error parsers do not perfectly handle some particular error messages. Hey, just give people a way to tweak error parser to their special tool.