[cdt-dev] regular expression parser

Hi,

I've implemented a regular expressions parser plug-in and posted it to
eclipse.tools.cdt newsgroop. (http://www.isystem.com/content/5653/288/)

It was suggested to contribute it to CDT. It is not a problem (it is
licensed under EPL anyway), but I'd like to solve one technical issue
first.
Currently the name of the file containing regular expressions is
hardcoded, which means that only one such parser may exist in the
system. I think it would be better to have a parameter in the
extension point, for example 'config':

<extension id=...
           name="RegEx Error Parser - GCC ARM"
           point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ErrorParser">
   <errorparser class="si.isystem.regexerrparser.RegExErrorParser"
                config="regEx/gccArmExpresions.properties"/>    <-- NEW
</extension>

Value of the 'config' attribute specifies config file in this example.
Parameter may also be useful for other error parsers.

Should I fill in an enhancement request for this attribute?
Are there any other suggestions?

Regards,

  Marko

--