Re: [cdt-dev] Debug source lookup question -environment-directory

On Thursday 20 November 2008 20:37:57 Elena Laskavaia wrote:
> I guess it is a consensus that we can get rid of sending
> -environment-directory command by default. We can add a option to source
> lookup panel (can we?) that enable this behavior if needed. Vladimir, do
> you want to send a patch for it?

The question, I think, is whether we should *ever* send -environment-
directory. For all MI commands, if GDB does not report full path, CDT can
search for the file itself, so there's no need to send -environment-directory.
For CLI commands, sending -environment-directory might help the user,
but given that it's broken whenever there are two files with the same name,
it's probably best to err on the safe  side. That is, user much prefer to see
a.cpp in CLI command output, than see a wrong full path to a.cpp.

- Volodya

Back to the top