Re: [cdt-dev] Debug source lookup question

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 06:11:05PM -0000, Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:
> At the same time if GDB could solve the source lookup problems
> internally we would only need to perform the external source lookup if
> the debug information was not sufficient.

Source lookup is an environment issue by definition.  For GDB to get
it right, you have to give it adequate and correct information.
What this means in practice, I think, is (A) not dumping a pile of
-environment-directory commands at GDB, and (B) offering an
interface to the source translation mechanism in recent versions
of GDB (set substitute-path).  I haven't thought about it much,
but it seems to me that the ideal interface for this would require
a file browser - for instance, have the user locate one source file
manually and then figure out how many directory levels up to set
substitute-path (containing directory?  grandparent directory?).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top