Re: [cdt-dev] Debug source lookup question

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 21:10:22 Elena Laskavaia wrote:
> Btw, if you concern is duplicate name the current recommended approach is:
>
> - In the Source tab of launch config remove default mapping and add Absolute File Path mapping - this way gdb won't try to resolve anything
> - Enable set breakpoints using full path in Debug tab

I know about both, and will likely force them for new projects. The question I'm trying
to establish -- primarily for our product, but also in general -- is whether CDT
should *ever* sent -environment-directory command.

One case where -environment-directory might still be needed is when user adds a
source directory via CDT, and then uses commands like "list" in GDB console --
which probably check the same paths. I don't know how common this use case is.

- Volodya

Back to the top