Re: [cdt-dev] CConfigurationData and friends

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as I see, the CConfigurationDescription class holds an instance
> of CConfigurationData and relays most of operations there,
> and there some classes derived from CConfigurationData, for
> example BuildConfigurationData. The latter class is created
> in the constructor of the Configuration class.
>
> Can somebody explain the rationale behind this design -- as
> it seems slightly more complex than it could be. For example,
> why managed build cannot have class ManagedBuildConfigurationDescription,
> derived from IConfigurationDescription/CConfigurationDescription, that
> does basically the same thing that BuildConfigurationData does now?

I think part of the design is that bare-bones configuration
descriptions live in cdt.core while the build system uses real
configurations.

> On a related topic, what is the purpose of the CDataProxy class. It
> has no comments so it's a bit hard to understand what problems it
> is solving.

I agree this stuff is very opaque.  Is there any hope that someone
from Intel (or indeed anyone with knowledge of the
internal.core.settings) might be on today's CDT call?  Doug, is the
Project Model on the agenda for discussion?  It'd be great to start
moving in the direction of a project model that's understandable to
the extended CDT community.

Cheers,

James

Back to the top