Re: [cdt-dev] Mapping a name to include statement

Hi Peter,

it is some kind of static analysis I need to implement. It does not
relate to Eclipse CDT editor/refactoring. I'm just using CDT parser
for this task.
The code I will deal with is mostly pure C, not C++, so my task is
much easier I hope :-)

Moreover, I do not posess any deep knowledge of the programming
languages and parsers
In any case, I will share any thoughts (or code) I have with my
pleasure if you wish.

Dmitry

2008/10/31 Peter Sommerlad <peter.sommerlad@xxxxxx>:

> Dear Dmitry
>
> I wonder for what purpose you are trying to achieve the following:
>
>> I need to perform some analisys of inclusions in C files. Particulary,
>> I need to find out whether any declaration or definition of top-level
>> included file (or its sub-includes) is used in the translation unit.
>
> we are planning to create tool support for large scale C/C++ refactorings,
> i.e., disentangling unnecessary include dependencies, moving definitions and
> declarations around or to new files. Therefore, we have similar needs.
>
> since often such dependencies are not that easily determined as within your
> example (transitiveness of declarations, "strange" lookups when template
> functions and parameters come to play), there is usually required more than
> a typical indexer can provide. We plan to apply the ideas of "Slicing" to
> approach that, but are not yet sure how well that will work out.
>
> If you are trying similar things, it might be great to join forces.
>
> Best Regards
> Peter.
>
> --
> Prof. Peter Sommerlad
>
> Institut für Software: Bessere Software - Einfach, Schneller!
> HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil
> Oberseestr 10, Postfach 1475, CH-8640 Rapperswil
>
> http://ifsoftware.ch
> tel:+41 55 222 49 84 == mobile:+41 79 432 23 32
> fax:+41 55 222 46 29 == mailto:peter.sommerlad@xxxxxx

Back to the top