[cdt-dev] Strange behaviour with indexer

Hello,

I found a strange behaviour of the indexer and don’t know how to fix it. In my project that I created with the template engine I turned off the managed build property to have a standard make project. Then I turned off the Scanner Configuration Builder, because it seems to create some heap problems that I’m not able to analyze further yet. The indexer is set to “Fast C/C++ Indexer” and “Index all files” is NOT checked. All other settings are set to their default values. I manually added the required include paths to my include files and added a linked folder to my sources. When I now hover over some functions or types defined in a header file, I don’t get info for this type or function. If I press F3 there is only the red message in the status line that the symbol can’t be found in the index. But when I then open an include file by pressing F3 and then try to press F3 once again for the previously unknown symbol it will navigate to the declaration of the symbol. This works even if I open a different header file than the one that the declaration is in. The hover text however still isn’t found. If I rebuild the index again navigation to the previously found symbol won’t work anymore. To reactivate it I have to open a include file by pressing F3 again. BTW the Include Browser doesn’t work either.

Does anybody have a clue on how to solve this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Thomas

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
Management Board: Dr. Klaus Blickle (Chairman), Dr. Udo Hüls, Michael Mauser, Regis Baudot
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ansgar Rempp | Domicile: Karlsbad |
Local Court Mannheim: Register No. 361395

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.