Re: [cdt-dev] adding a new language to the CDT

I'm not a CDT expert, but what you describe seems like a backwards
approach:  JDT and CDT are purposely specific to their respective
languages, so new languages should have their own specific IDE support
rather than warp another language's.  There are several Eclipse
plug-in API packages to make this easier, such as LTK which provides
common refactoring support.  My suggestion is to write separate IDE
support for your language, but use CDT and JDT as best-of-class
example code.

you could also check out Descent which is the corresponding plugin for
Digital Mars D and there was also another plug-in whose name I can't
remember.

    http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent

Back to the top