RE: [cdt-dev] Build against HEAD

I like that plan. We may want to leave the plugins that don't have API changes at 5.1 as well.

I think there are issues that need to be fixed with the releng scripts where all the versions need to be the same, but that my only be for features. Vivian do you remember?

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schorn, Markus
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 4:40 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Build against HEAD

There is a problem with increasing the plugin-versions. It basically disables the API tooling.
Even if we do deliver CDT 6.0 we should be tracking the API changes via the tooling.

I don't have a pretty solution for that. We could increase the feature version to 6.0 (this should
not influence the API tooling) and stick to 5.1 plugin versions as long as possible (e.g until
API freeze).

Markus.