RE: Project Model Improvements Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Summit Report

As with everything here, if there's no one to contribute, it doesn't get
done. And I personally don't want to invest in fixing anything in
core.settings.*. My intent is to replace it with something simpler,
maintainable, and extendible.

<gratuitous recruiting>
We got here because we ended up relying on a single vendor to work on a
very important part of the CDT. Doing so, you end up in a risky
situation. That's why I encourage everyone, especially vendors that
build commercial products based on the CDT, to step up and earn your
commit rights so you don't get stuck like this.
</gratuitous recruiting>

Doug.