[cdt-dev] Can only add 'Generic' element to CDT 5.0.1 Tool Chain definition

Hey,

I've updated my Eclipse installation and with that the CDT plugin to
version 5.0.1.

Now the editor for custom tool chains doesn't show tool tips anymore
nor does the XML editor and a lot of the CDT plugin wizard GUI options
are gone.

What scares me the most though, is, that all CDT related extension
points would only allow me to add 'Generic' elements:

I've even tried to create a new plugin project with the same result.
I've also renamed the old workspace folder, downloaded the Java centric
Eclipse installation package eclipse-java-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip and
added CDT and PDE support to it. Still when I would add cdt.managedbuilder.core.definitions dependency to a new plugin and
add a builddefinitions extension, the only thing I can add to that is
'Generic'.

Anybody know what is going on?
Will we have to go the XML way from here on?

Regards,

Helmut

ps: This has also been posted to the newsgroup

Back to the top