Re: [cdt-dev] Show Callees and virtual functions.

Please file an enhancement request at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT. Thanks.

-sergey

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Andrey Eremchenko <kamre@xxxxxx> wrote:
 Hello,
thak you for your work!
I have switched to Eclipse+CDT after release of CDT5 as my main IDE. Support of C++ is very good.

But there are still some issues.

I am using "Open Call Hierarchy" very frequently, it works almost always correctly for "Show Callers".
But for "Show Callees" there is definitely problem with virtual functions. Consider the following code:

class Base {
public:
 Base() {}
 virtual ~Base() {}
 virtual void First() {}
 virtual void Second() {}
};

class Derived: public Base {
public:
 Derived() {}
 virtual ~Derived() {}
 virtual void First() {}
 virtual void Second() {}
};

void func(Base *base) {
 base->First();
 base->Second();
}

int main() {
 Derived derived;
 func(&derived);
       return 0;
}

Select "Open Call Hierarchy" for main() and switch to "Show Calees" mode.
Expand the node main()->func(Base*)->Base::Second().
There are two sons of the node: Base::First() and Derived::First().
But there should be Base::Second() and Derived::Second().

I am using CDT:
 Version: 5.0.0.200806171202
 Build id: 200806171202