RE: [cdt-dev] why create a Binary (ICElement) only if it's in an output directory?

Well, that's good, but it puts a damper on any other view that wants to display binaries. Such a view may display a targeted set of files and as such there is no need to try to limit the discovery of them to a particular directory (for performance reasons). This is the case for the Modules view.

It would be nice if the limiting logic wasn't that low in the stack. I'll need to figure out an alternate route for creating the Binary for the Modules view. I'll be doing this to fix a long standing issue: elements in the view are expandable only if they happen to be in an output directory of a project.

John