[cdt-dev] why create a Binary (ICElement) only if it's in an output directory?

I'm trying to understand why we restrict the display of a binary (obj, dll, executable, lib, etc) as an expandable Binary object in our views only if it's located in the output directory of a project. The restriction in the code is in CModelManager.create(IFile, IBinaryFile, ICProject). Same thing for static libraries (archives). Anyone know the reasoning behind this?

John

Back to the top