Re: [cdt-dev] Change compiler flags

You might consider using the Performance Tools Framework (PTFw) in PTP, it is for exactly this purpose.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/PTFw/PTFw-Overview

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
Inactive hide details for "Mikael Engbom" <mike.cdt.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>"Mikael Engbom" <mike.cdt.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>

          "Mikael Engbom" <mike.cdt.mail.list@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/24/08 08:50 AM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

[cdt-dev] Change compiler flags

Hi,

I am creating a plugin to make profiling with gprof more simple.

The plugin will use the following steps (please tell me if there are some better way to do it):

1) Get the compiler flags.

2) Add the -pg optimization if missing (both to the compiler and the linker)

3) Compile the project

4) Run the project

5) Run gprof to extract the profiler data

6) Change back the compiler flags.

I know how to do step 3, 4 and 5 but I have problems with step 1, 2 and 6.

I have tried using, IManagedBuildInfo buildInfo = ManagedBuildManager.getBuildInfo(project), but I can't get it to work as I want (I am using managed make).

Anyone got any tips or examples how to do this?

/Mikael