[cdt-dev] CDT install from Ganymede update site confusing

Hi guys,

This came up on the newsgroups, and I think it's a valid query.  When a
user tries to install CDT from the update site, they're presented with
three options:
Eclipse C/C++ Development Platform
Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools
Mylin Bridge: C/C++ Development

Now I know I don't want the Mylyn integration, but the first two seem
identical... Right-click > Properties on them gives me:
Tools: Eclipse C/C++ development tools. (Binary runtime and user
documentation.)
Platform: Eclipse C/C++ Development Platform. It contains no toolchain
integrations.

For end users this is confusing, could these two options be condensed to
one?

Cheers,

James

Back to the top