Re: [cdt-dev] dbx debugger support in CDT

I just work with CDI/gdb (as a developer) and code is awful, there is some internal architecture problems that DFS was trying to solve with their approach. As of stability - CDT/gdb is more stable because it has 5 years of bug fixing behind it (the part that you about to rewrite), platform itself is stable enough - but how you implementation would handle things is up to you. If it is close to dbg (I don't really now how close - does it support mi interface?) then you definitely want to look in some gdb integrations.

Achim Bursian wrote:
Hi Elena,
thanks for your hints.

Elena Laskavaia wrote:
I would not recommend it. I would start with PDA example.
Any specific reason for that? dbx is VERY similar to gdb, and the PDA example seems to be quite different and very basic.
Second choice would DSF gdb/mi implementation.
First look into this gave me the impression that it is not yet stable for a production environment? Am I wrong? We have a team of 100+ C++ developers here, and I have to deliver a (hopefully) stable dbx integration. Stability is more important than the coolest new features...

-Achim

Achim Bursian wrote:
Pawel Piech wrote:
There actually is a GDB debugger integration based on DSF as well. But for purposes of adapting a new debugger, the PDA example is more manageable, in my opinion.
What about simply taking the code in package org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core as base?