Re: [cdt-dev] dbx debugger support in CDT

Yes it does work approximately this way.
If you really starting from the scratch and your debugger is not like gdb you can start with debug tutorial and small project they used (for artificial assembly language). Search for debugger tutorial on EclipseCon 2008.

More complex would be gdb mi implementation that is currently developed by DSF guys, this is still much simpler than current gdb/mi/cdi mess in CDT.

Achim Bursian wrote:
Ah well, maybe I should add, I read all of the thread "Question on future debugger interface", by Rick Moseley.
So don't simply point me there :-)

Still, all these TCF, DSF, MI etc. acronyms are quite confusing for a newcomer :-(

I thought it would be as "easy" as launching a dbx process and then "talking" to that as if I were a human (sending commands, and parsing the textual results that dbx prints to stdout). Doesn't it work that way at all?

-Achim