From: ext Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:46:24 -0700
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Question on future debugger interface

Hi Rick,
You may also want to consider the TCF debugger protocol currently being
developed in the Target Management project (see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/TM/TCF_FAQ).  It already has a reference
agent implementation (in C) that you could re-use, which would save you
the headache of implementing the MI protocol layer from scratch.
Also, as Marc pointed out GDB/MI protocol is evolving quite a lot to
support new features and keeping up with its changes will likely require
considerable effort.  This shouldn't be a big surprise, as from my past
discussions with GDB developers I got the impression that GDB/MI as a
standard protocol to be implemented by other debuggers is definitely not
on their agenda. Cheers,
Pawel