[cdt-dev] How To Use External Settings Provider

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how to use the
org.eclipse.cdt.core.externalSettingsProvider extension point. I need
to extend it to setup some include paths for my project plugin, but
for some reason it is not being called.

The following is the entry in the plugin.xml file:
   <extension
         id="id1"
         name="name"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.externalSettingsProvider">
      <provider
            class="cmtplugin.AthenaSettingsProvider">
      </provider>
   </extension>

The following is the code for the settings provider:
public class AthenaSettingsProvider extends CExternalSettingProvider {

	@Override
	public CExternalSetting[] getSettings(IProject project,
			ICConfigurationDescription cfg) {
			System.out.println("getting settings!");
		return null;
	}

}

--