[cdt-dev] Generating .cproject files

Hi there!

I'm trying to generate .cproject files for a lot of small projects. I use a .cproject created by CDT for reference. In it I find a lot of hard coded (or are they random?) id:s like <tool id="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.settings.holder.1140477657"> and so on.

Actually I couldn't care less about those numbers, I'd just like to add a couple of

<sourceEntries>
<entry flags="VALUE_WORKSPACE_PATH" kind="sourcePath" name="folder"/>
</sourceEntries>

and be done with it.

Could someone explain? Is the only way possible to generate a .cproject file to do it using the libraries provided through CDT? I'm trying to do it with just a simple python script... Perhaps the only way is to have another Eclipse plugin that does this?

A bit confused bit still hanging in there :)

Erik Nilsson

Back to the top