Re: [cdt-dev] CDT project creation

> I beginning to investigate porting my companies code generator to some
> new eclipse tooling built on EMF, GMF, and UML2 (etc).
>
> My first object  is to do one of the following:
>
> 1.) Generate a simple gnu makefile project that can be build ext ...
> this is no problem ...
> 2.) Create a new CDT project in the current eclipse workspace with the
> correct gcc (crosscompiler and library references) ...
> 3.) Create a new eclipse workspace with a CDT project with the correct
> gcc (crosscompiler and library references) ...
>
> The ideal situation would be to create a CDT project in the current
> workspace ... this would allow the customer to smoothly transition
> between a model and code view within eclipse ...
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated ...

Jim,

Just a suggestion which doesn't solve your actual problem, but another
approach might be to use the same project containing the UML or
whatever highlevel model to also contain the generated C/C++ code. In
terms of Eclipse the project would have a UML nature as well as a
C/C++ nature.

-- Wieant

Back to the top