Re: [cdt-dev] running cdt plugin

I'd either check out the project from CVS so you know you have the pieces and parts right,
or from the Plugins view (assuming you have the whole SDK) select that plugin and do rightMouse>import as > source project.
I actually prefer the second one, you know you have the version that matches the rest of your workbench as a project.
Then tweak to your heart's content.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511
Inactive hide details for Thierry Bélanger <thierry.belanger.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Thierry Bélanger <thierry.belanger.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Thierry Bélanger <thierry.belanger.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          06/05/08 09:22 PM

          Please respond to
          thierry.belanger.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cdt-dev] running cdt plugin

Hi,
I’m trying to tweak the plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui. I created a new PDE project, got the source for org.eclipse.cdt.ui_4.0.3 and used the plugin.xml and MANIFEST directly from the real JAR. I’ve set my compliance level to 1.4, all the dependencies are ok, there are no errors.
When I launch to project as an Eclipse Application, the workbench opens, but anything pertaining to the UI doesn’t work. There are many “missing message” errors, and the CEditor opens blank with a Initializing error.
It’s as if the content of my ui plugin can’t be seen by other plugins (org.eclipse.cdt.core for example) As if the ui plugin I’m trying to run can’t even see the packages contained by itself.

Could the team give me a little help?

What I want to do:
I want to tweak org.eclipse.cdt.ui to allow the choice of font and sizes (not just color and styles) for the Syntax Highlight.

Thanks
Thierry Bélanger