RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Feature Structure

Thanks, Martin, I think you are right there could be issues there. The fact that it missed the fragment is definitely wrong. I want to take another look at the structure a bit. It's not exactly what I want (i.e. the dependency on platform instead of inclusion) but we needed to do that to get the source feature working. I'll see if I can get this working correctly.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 7:29 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT Feature Structure

Hi all,

I just ran into a problem which might be related to the way
the CDT features are currently organized.

* On Linux x86 (RHEL4), had CDT 5.0M7 installed
* Used P2 to update to latest (5.0RC2)
  -- I updated "CDT Tools" and "CDT Debug" only but not "CDT Platform"

What happened was that the resulting mish-mash installation did not
find the Linux Spawner any more, and generally seems to be messed
up.

I'm wondering if it's OK to allow updating the Tools only without updating
the Platform? This seems a bit risky to me.

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top