Re: [cdt-dev] "New line at end of file when saving" as project preference

Yes, the new behavior is in since at least RC1.

-sergey

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Gabriel Castro <Gabriel_Castro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since nobody has objected does it mean the change will go into 5.0?

Gabriel Castro
Software Engineer
IBM Ottawa Lab

(613) 356-5038

Inactive hide details for "Sergey Prigogin" ---21/04/2008 12:44:05 PM---I'm for setting both, ENSURE_NEWLINE_AT_EOF and REMOVE_"Sergey Prigogin" ---21/04/2008 12:44:05 PM---I'm for setting both, ENSURE_NEWLINE_AT_EOF and REMOVE_TRAILING_WHITESPACE, to true by default. I'll make the change if no one

"Sergey Prigogin" <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>

wieant@xxxxxxxxx, "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

21/04/2008 12:44 PM

Re: [cdt-dev] "New line at end of file when saving"asproject preference

I'm for setting both, ENSURE_NEWLINE_AT_EOF and REMOVE_TRAILING_WHITESPACE, to true by default. I'll make the change if no one objects.

-sergey

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Wieant Nielander <wieant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > You can specify default preference values in a plugin_customization.ini
    > file with a product. By product I mean using the
    > org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point. You specify the ini
    > file like this in your product extension:
    >
    > <property
    > name="preferenceCustomization"
    > value="plugin_customization.ini"/>
    >
    > We override several CDT and platform defaults to best suit how our
    > customers work.

    Thanks Warren, that was the method I was looking for. By far preferable
    over patching the plugin itselve.
    (still +1 for changing the default cdt.ui newline preference though :-)