[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdt-dev] Re: org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile: allowing inheritance ala superClass
- From: "Mike Frysinger" <vapier.adi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 04:40:29 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ikzqalnckUN57jqFTSfuiypthA91PEN+gqPqqPCIU/k=; b=PIjpKZs65K6JsnI51c1U84APJ2iZDrNmjRfjoTi/ZiYjZyLbtNvQwIBDRigs3RnRB6XSZ7vbGG9bKhJDEK3n3KYPDzgaJnEVM0O00/2wjeMzNiZ7phjPiUOkkSmeXbJERkqubOJTVwnJ8gPNC2QO1PIzVRzWSRVFWtdtTpCbwOg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=TQw0LoqftleEMN0ts34KeNnTP5/A5X5XG3stLjthWDNdbbyFfvZ/M2fQA/97PhT/Z4SHcV9cy/n8zYhpf0M27Jle17ukh7s3YqDRRdkhpItO9FvASd/ixcCm7TnJOXhyGD7l6+jV0/WRj0ztTlpxoOabNREMjPcnQIcE0jDxX6g=
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:33 AM, James Blackburn wrote:
>> as it stands, the only way a similar extensibility could be attained
>> is if org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.scannerconfig is
>> exported so people can copy and paste the main gcc
>> ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile with references back to the
>> internal classes.
> You can just point at PerProjectSICollector for your scanner info
> collector couldn't you? The internal packages in the make.core plugin
> are currently visible externally.
i'll take a look ...
> At the moment the scanner stuff is indeed poorly documented and
> commented, and I'm not convinced it currently works properly, see:
so it works for me if i export the internal scanner package and then
just refer to all the gcc things directly. but i'm using a gcc-based
toolchain, so all the hardwork has been done for me already. i could
also copy & paste the internal scanner files into my local plugin, but
that sucks too ... only slightly less in that i'll still be able to
distribute my plugin without requiring CDT modifications.
there is also:
> I'm afraid that if you look through the mail archives, you'll find that
> this comes up again and again. As far as I can tell most people don't
> have a great deal of success with this. Of course the obvious thing to
> do would be to try to lend a hand to improve matters, but the code is
> devoid of comments and I've certainly found it very tough going.
> Obviously if you could use CDT's managed build instead, you'd find the
> world is a much happier place!
ive posted what minor fixes i can, but i'm far from a java or eclipse
guy. the work i'm doing atm is merely due to lack of a real java or
eclipse guy availability. hopefully things will be rectified down the
line, and then i can bug that guy to fix things right ;).