Re: [cdt-dev] Include paths

Wieant Nielander wrote:
Now that the internal builder works (more or less) for my toolchain, I'm faced with the problem of telling the indexer how to figure out what include paths to use when looking for system include files. (I get warning-markers for example when including stdio.h, even though the file is compiled correctly.)

There is an extension point called

org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile

but that seems only applicable to make-based builders. Another extension point is

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile

but I cannot find any documentation for it, and the plugin manifest editor won't let med create such an extension point.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Jesper,

It seems you do have to go with the
  org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile
extension point. Not sure about the managedbuilder.core version, but
both the std gnu toolchain and ours seem to work with the make.core
one. That extension allows you to specify a scanner info provider (in
general the compiler), a parser of the generated info and a collector
of the info (well, see the doc for that extension point).

The org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile is unfortunately *very* sparsely documented, and doesn't help very much in understanding how the interface works. Some of it just doesn't parse as regular english:

"Build output provider is make build or/and build output file."

Anyway, I'll dig away and see what happens.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top