[cdt-dev] Using ASTRewrite to Change the DeclSpecifier of a Function

Sorry if this question turns out to have a really obvious solution but how do
I go about using ASTRewrite to change the declspecifier of a function
definition? For example to change:

bool process_output( DESCRIPTOR_DATA *d, bool fPrompt )

static bool process_output( DESCRIPTOR_DATA *d, bool fPrompt )

The problem I have is that I can't instantiate a new IASTDeclSpecifier node
to use ASTRewrite.replace with.